Who we are
Our website address is: https://genomictestingcooperative.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Wellness Research Program
By accepting to participate in this online research, you agree to and acknowledge the followings:
- You understand that the information you provide will not be used to provide you with diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease or to ascertain the state of your health. Your diagnosis and clinical implications and therapy will be provided to you by your ordering physician.
- You give permission to GTC, its contractors, successors, and assignees to perform testing on the DNA/RNA extracted from your sample and to use your de-identified results and data for research purposes and the development for new tools for predicting diseases and improve health patient care.
- You are aware that that the information you are providing with these questionnaires may not be received by your ordering physician and it is your responsibility to provide your information to your treating physician.
- You understand that all your Personal Information will be stored in databases and will be processed in accordance with the HIPPA regulation.
- You understand that by providing your sample and your information, you acquire no rights in any research or commercial products that may be developed by GTC or its collaborating partners. You specifically understand that you will not receive compensation for any research or commercial products that include or result from your sample or information.
You agree that you have the authority, under the laws of the state or jurisdiction in which you reside, to provide these representations.