Next-Gen Sequencing Testing
Next-gen sequencing is the engine that powers precision diagnostics, which in turn, powers precision medicine. Cancer diagnostics are evolving faster than ever due to the adoption of this technology and growing in importance. This technology helps medical professionals better understand their patient’s tumors, discover actionable biomarkers, and make the proper clinical decision for the proper patient.
Advantages of using
- Detailed analysis of the patient’s tumor DNA and RNA that provides comprehensive insights in one test to what treatments may work best
- Is more cost-effective to start with than traditional diagnostic work-ups like IHC, FISH, flow cytometry, morphology and cytogenetics
- Faster turnaround time makes NGS more clinically useful
Why physicians should adopt next-gen sequencing?
- Deeper insights about their patient’s disease and start with a more complete picture of the tumor’s biology
- Save time and tissue while getting a comprehensive answer for all biomarkers
- Avoid costly tests that add up and delays in treatment in search of a precision medicine that may not be effective due to partial results